Osteoporosis refers to a bone disease in which your bone’s basic framework becomes weak and more prone to fractures. The most common cause of Osteoporosis is a lack of calcium and is more common in old patients. However, young adults can form this disease, as well.
Patients who have osteoporosis are at higher risk of developing fractures in the hips, spine, wrist, and other bones.
Knowing the risks, symptoms, causes, and treatment options can help deal with this condition in a much proficient way.
What causes Osteoporosis?
- Old age
- lack of exercises
- lack of movement
- Rheumatological disorders
- excess alcohol consumption
- kidney disease
- blood cancer
- Deficiency of vitamin D and Calcium
- Lack of calcium
- Lack of exposure to sunlight
- Family history
- Heavy medication
- Lack of sex hormones
How to prevent Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis increases your risk of fracture. To prevent the fall, here are a few things you must do:
- Old patients can use a walker or wheelchair while walking.
- Wear shoes with a non-slippery sole
- Avoid walking on non-slippery surfaces
- Keep the floor clean and clear
- Avoid carpets and rugs
- Use rubber mat on slippery surfaces
- Have side-rails while walking on the stairs
What are the treatment options for Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that requires a lot of patience, care, and support to get treated. Dr. Akhil Tawari and the team offer a world-class range of services for complete recovery from all kinds of spinal illness, disease, and deformities.
On your first appointment scheduled, the doctor will examine your health condition and determine the type of treatment best suited for your situation. Depending on the patient’s age, condition, health factors, and severity of the case, our spine surgeon in Mumbai will suggest one of the following treatments:
- Lifestyle Changes: The doctor will instruct some changes in your diet plan, exercises, physiotherapy sessions, and weight-loss exercises.
- Calcium and Vitamin D: The doctor will increase your calcium and vitamin D intake. It will help the intestine reabsorb calcium and vitamin D, thus resulting in deposition of the bones.
- Hormonal Supplements: Hormonal supplements are given to female patients as they are more prone to developing Osteoporosis.
- Surgery: In case of fracture, the doctor will perform surgery or casting/bracing to rejoin the bones and improve its functionality.
To learn more about spinal deformity, Osteoporosis, treatments, and alternative solutions, you can connect with Dr. Akhil Tawari and his team of orthopedic doctors in Borivali, West for expert guidance.
If your back pain has become chronic and you’re looking for an orthopedic spine surgeon in the western suburbs of Mumbai including Malad, Kandivali, and Borivali, you must visit Dr. Akhil Tawari, one of the experienced spine surgeon in the suburbs. Dr. Tawari is known to offer a wide array of spinal treatment solutions both surgically and non-surgically. You can reach out to him by visiting his website, where you’ll also find more information about his advanced spine treatments.