Paediatric Spine Treatment
Back pain in children is rare but should receive prompt medical attention. Often, back pain among children indicates a symptom to an underlying condition. It is true when back pain is accompanied by fever, numbness, weakness, and difficulty walking. If a child, mostly a preschooler is suffering from back pain that keeps him/her awake at night, seek immediate medical attention.
Back pain is also common in older children who practice sports and physical activities. Sports injuries are often responsible for such cases. Dr Akhil Tawari is one of the leading Orthopedic doctor & spine surgeons in Malad with decades of experience in handling cases of pediatric spine treatment.
What causes Spinal problems in Children?
Spinal problems in children are categorized as:
- Sports injury
- Accidental trauma
- Strained muscles
- A ruptured or herniated disc
- Fractured spine
- Disc inflammation
- Vertebral Osteomyelitis
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis
- Tumour detected on a vertebral column or nearby regions
Paediatric Spine Treatment Overview
The treatment starts with Dr Akhil Tawari recommending few diagnostic tests such as MRI, X-rays, and CT scans to examine the child’s spine, bones, tissues, and look for the factors that might contribute to the back pain. Blood tests might be recommended to determine the presence of infection or inflammation.
Once the reports have arrived, he will work with the parents, family members, and the child to develop a customized treatment program that best suits the child’s health. The treatment approach strictly depends on the following factors:
- The child’s age
- Spinal condition
- Any other health condition that might affect the child’s treatment procedures or recovery
Book your appointment today with the best orthopedic doctor in Malad west & get the best pediatric spine treatment for your child. Dr Akhil Tawari will recommend the best-suited therapy, medicines, and surgical procedures that help your child relieve back pain and get back to their day-to-day activities as soon as possible.
Procedure Performed in Pediatric spine treatment
- Congenital (by birth) Spinal Deformities including hemivertebra, unilateral bar, hypoplasia
- Scoliosis including congenital, adolescent, and neuromuscular
- Kyphosis including congenital, Scheuerman’s
- Spinal infections including tuberculosis, infections
- Spondylolysis and Spondylolisthesis, including slippage of a vertebra
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal infections